Since I’ve been interning with Amanda I have seen an array of clients come in for her expertise help. Many of these clients are females, and a hand full of them are petite women. As a tall women I myself at first had a hard time understanding what was so difficult about making a petite body frame look as best as possible; but since working with the various clients I have learned all the tricks of the trade in what works and what doesn’t. The problem that most petite women run into is the trouble with knowing how to make themselves look taller. Petite women must especially be careful in what they wear because a petite woman’s attire can either cause her to look shorter than what she already is, or her wardrobe can magically add inches to her stature. Here are a few tips on how to make the petite body frame look taller and here’s an added perk SLIMMER than what it originally is.
Tips on how to flatter and elongate a petite body frame
1. Wear garments with long clean understated vertical patterns. This creates a longer body illusion.
2. Only wear skirts or dresses that are knee length or higher. The more skin you show within the leg area, the longer your legs will appear.
3. When choosing heels opting for an open or peep toe heel can open up the leg area and create a longer illusion from bottom to top. When choosing a boot the highest boot length a petite woman should wear is a knee high boot. Anything higher than this will break up the body and cause you to appear shorter than you already are. Also when choosing a heel, the higher the better. When you wear a higher heel it makes legs become longer and thinner; the shorter the heel the leg becomes shorter and stubbier. Wearing a pointy stiletto pump elongates your legs like no other shoe ever will. It draws the eyes from bottom up and makes for a longer silhouette.
4. Choose open necklines such as v-necks and deep scoop necks. This opens up the upper part of your body, makes you appear longer and taller, and also slims the body frame.
5. Do not put on heavy layers. Although layering can be cool, casual, and trendy it is not for petite body frames. Layering appears to drag your body down, add weight, and make one appear shorter than what they are.
About a week ago Amanda Sanders (image stylist) went for a complimentary botox appointment at Smooth Medispa located here in the city. Amanda said her experience was great, painless, quick and easy. The staff were very kind and the medispa is very neat and clean environment. Although Amanda’s botox was a complimentary service for the company, Smooth Medispa’s prices are very affordable for clients who are interested.
Smooth Medispa is a cosmetic spa that offers services such as botox, laser hair removal, facials, microdermabrasion, and many other facial and body cosmetic services and treatments. Smooth Medispa is located on Lexington Avenue between 56th & 57th streets- 686 Lexington Suite 3N; smoothsynergy.com. Call for more info at 212-397-0111 and mention that you heard great reviews from Amanda at New York Image Consultant.
This past weekend Amanda had her eyelashes done at Serenity Spa NY. The spa is located on the Upper East Side on 3rd Ave. The extensions are very natural and sexy looking and Amanda herself highly recommends everyone try them out; she loved it! The extensions cost $180 and stay on a full month! Each eyelash extension is 100% human hair and is carefully glued on one by one which creates the realistic look so the eyelashes look like your own; No mascara needed!
Serenity Spa NY is a beautiful, clean, friendly and professional Spa that offers great services to please all of their customers. The spa specializes in great spray tans, waxing on any part of the body, nail care, facials, and many other services. Call for more info at 877.562.3848, and mention that you heard great reviews from Amanda at New York Image Consultant.
Being on appointments with Amanda are very fun and interesting, watching her approach and how she works with clients is very informative. One common trend that I’ve noticed about every single female client that she has worked with has the same problem; they are wearing an ill fitted bra. Amanda always says that wearing the correct fit bra for your body and discovering your correct bra size can transform a women’s entire wardrobe. Her philosophy is that the breasts should always stand firm, forward, and tall; this way when wearing clothing it will create a smooth canvas and the waist will appear smaller. Now lets face it, what women doesn’t desire a smaller waistline; and who knew all it takes is finding and wearing the correct and perfect bra for you. Here are a three simple steps on finding the perfect bra and correct bra size:
1. The strap around your body should be firm and sturdy yet adequate and comfortable. When you stand side-on at a mirror, the strap that runs around your body should be horizontal and should not ride up at the back at all. If the back of the bra rides up in the back, it is too big. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. The wires at the front should lie flat against your rib cage. This also goes for for soft cup bras. The under wires should not dig in, rub or poke out at the front. If this isn’t one sure sign that your bra doesn’t fit, it should be a sure sign that its time to get rid of that uncomfortable bra.
3. Your breasts should be enclosed in the cups and you should have a smooth line where the fabric at the top of the cup ends and meets your bust. You shouldn’t have any crease, fold, or bulging over the top or sides of the cups, even if you are wearing a balconette style or lower cut shape. If your breast bulges out of the cup, the cup is too small.
Now that you have these three esential tips, here are the top five best bra fitting brands on the market today. Try them out to see which works best for you and from there on begin to wear the correct bra for the rest of your life.