Now I’m sure that just about everyone around the world watched the Royal Wedding live as it was taking place. It was one of the epic moments of 2011. I watched the weddings and was astonished at the amazing beauty that surrounded the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. My personal favorite part about the wedding were the gorgeous and amazing hat designs that every female guest in attendance wore. Each hat added great personality and of course amazing and extreme fashion to the celebration. Most of the hats were worn by fashion hat designer extraordinaire Phillip Treacy.
Although no women’s body is exactly the same and females come in all different shapes and sizes; there are still a few wardrobe tips that every female can follow in order to get the best use out of their wardrobe. Also if you as a female follow these ten simple tips, you will in return become a much savvier shopper and learn how to best dress your body.
1. Opt for open necklines such as scoop neck or v-neck tops. It opens the neckline and lets the upper body appear taller and slimmer.
3. Wrap dresses by any brand are the most flattering dresses on any and every woman. The wrap on the dress creates a long sleek v shape across the entire body which makes the body appear taller and slimmer.
4. Do not put on heavy layers. Although layering can be cool, casual, and trendy it is not for all body frames. Layering appears to drag your body down, add weight, and make one appear shorter than what they are.
5. Bootcut jeans are and will always be the most flattering jeans on both women and men. This is one of the only wardrobe tips that apply to both sexes and will always stand true even when fashion changes drastically.
6. When wearing tops, the top should always fall right below the hip. When a top is hitting anywhere else but below the hip it will break the body up in a dis-proportionate way that is extremely unflattering.
7. Dresses and skirts should always either fall right above the knee or exactly below the knee. Dresses and skirts should not be any higher or lower than that unless it’s a maxi skirt/dress, or a mini skirt.
8. Wearing a thick fashion belt around the waist helps create a more defined waistline.
9. Wearing a straight clean pump will make the overall body appear much taller and slimmer as the shoe will draw the eyes up for a slimmer image.
10. Spanx are every women’s best friend next to diamonds! No matter what shape or size you are even if you are a size 0, Spanx smooth the entire body and look amazing under dresses especially dresses that do not have lining underneath.
Yes, it is that time of year again; SPRING CLEANING!! Everyone does the typical spring cleaning around their house to get all the “dust bunnies” away, but here at New York Image Consultant our spring cleaning approach is slightly different. Our typical spring cleaning routine is cleaning out our closets. How many pieces of clothing do you have in your closet right now? Did you go check? I’m sure there’s a few pieces in there that can be thrown away, and I’m sure there’s even more pieces hiding in the back, behind, and underneath stuff that you completely forgot about. Lets face it that is not good! One of my favorite motto’s to live by is “clear out the old to make room for the new”. So NYIC is proposing that all of you go and check out our website and the closet cleaninglink. Now is the time to definitely focus on you and why not start with giving your closet a fresh cleaning and discovering those hidden treasures you forgot about. Here’s the link and we look forward to working with you! http://www.newyorkimageconsultant.com/new-york-style.html
Here at New York Image Consultant we cater to clients of all sizes, and while I’ve been here we have had quite a few beautiful full figured clients. Every woman that comes to the company for our services wants to look and feel beautiful and fashionable. Our stylist Amanda lets every client know that want they is surely possible and eventually makes they’re hopes a reality by the end of they’re appointment. Throughout the appointment, Amanda always leaves a few tips, tricks, and hints for the client and how to properly dress to flatter they’re full figured body. I have decided to share a few tips for the full figured woman with our readers, I hope you all enjoy and work some of these tips into your everyday styling routine. For extra help with these tips make sure to book an appointment with our stylist Amanda for her expert opinion and recieve the ultimate New York Image Consultant experience.
- Wearing long necklaces to elongate torso
- Wearing a fantastic bra that will lift and create a long clean and straight posture
- Adding belts to define the waistline
- Boot-cut trousers and flared skirts to avoid looking top- heavy
- Creating clean and long lines by wearing v-neck and scoop neck tops
- Don’t tuck in tops. Doing this will break the body up and shorten the torso. This is not a good move as when you put heels on your body elongates and if your top is tucked in it will break up and shorten your upper body.
- Only wear garments that fall to the very top of your knee or just beneath your knee; nothing shorter or longer than that. Wearing a garment shorter than above the knee will look too short and inappropriate for you. Wearing any garments lower than right beneath your knee is too long and can become too mature.
On this blog I’ve noticed that I have been focusing a lot on topics for women and been a bit selfish when it comes to the men. I am going to try and put a stop to this and try to make the blog equal for both men and women. Men are fashionable as well and would like to know this seasons top trends for the spring/summer season just as much as the women would. I’ve done my research and come up with in my opinion this seasons top five most important trends for our male fans.
1. Windbreakers:These are jackets that are great for the spring/summer seasons when it is a warm windy day, a summer rainy one, or your just out at night and need something casual to throw over your arms.
2. Minimal neutral color palettes: This season the colors are all about simplicity and neutrality. Nothing is to busy but yet everything is very minimalistic. It’s an easy trend to follow as you cannot screw up when it comes to color coordination.
3. Sheer shirts: Sheer slightly see through shirts are a huge trend for the spring/summer season as well. The fabrics are very lightweight and very seasonally appropriate.
While working with our fashion stylist Amanda Sanders, Ive noticed a trend that she always pushes on every single appointment; the purchase of an expensive designer handbag. I never questioned why she always did this as every bag she would choose would automatically go with every item the client is already purchasing, but sometimes the client does not see or understand the logic in purchasing one. The answer to that dilemma is “If you want quality, you must pay for quality.”
An expensive designer handbag in my opinion is definitely worth the amount of money your typically going to spend on it. With an expensive handbag your purchasing quality leather or whatever other fabric the handbag is made out of, extensive and quality stitching, hand work, and sometimes bead or jewel work, and of course the luxury of having a great designer name on your arm. When a expensive designer handbag is produced the best of the best are spending loads time and effort on producing the strong and quality handbag for the customer. But, there is one thing about all handbags no matter what the price; No handbag is bionic and invincible. All handbags no matter what the price whether it is the most expensive handbag in the world, or the cheapest inexpensive bag on the planet; all handbags will eventually wear and tear away. Now here’s another great point of difference with purchasing a designer handbag, at any time when you see the handbag wearing away you can take it to the designer retailer for a fix up, and then your handbag will be good as new again.
So the choice is yours, you can keep spending money on inexpensive handbags and continue to have to constantly purchase another, or you can go ahead and make the ultimate sometimes sacrifice purchase on a quality designer handbag and let that be one of greatest investments. Here are the top five handbag brands in the world today: Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, and Hermes. So take your pick of these five brands and make the purchase of a lifetime!
Everyone should be aware by this point that the spring/summer season is well upon us. It’s been a rough winter, but things are finally beginning to look up weather wise. Now that the weather is taking a turn for the better, many people are contemplating vacation, and the summer fun that the 2011 year will bring. Along with warm weather and summer one piece of clothing scares many people to their core about this season; swimsuits!
Many people become very frightened at the thought of shedding their clothing for swim attire. This is usually due to two different reasons; not finding the proper swimsuit for their body type, not being comfortable showing that much skin. Swimwear comes in a variety of silhouettes made for every different body type on the planet; swimwear silhouettes are the solution to everyone’s fears. Swimsuit silhouettes include: one piece, bikinis, monokinis, tankinis, high waisted bottoms, skirted bottoms, bandeau tops, string bikinis, and cover ups. Each silhouette has a different degree and level of coverage to please everyone. Whether you want to bear it all in a string bikini or be discreet in a one piece or tankini, Most swimwear brands produce silhouettes to please everyone. If your still not satisfied or comfortable with showing skin in swimwear cover ups are the perfect answer. Cover Ups range from being a slight to full body cover up so whatever cover up you choose it’ll make you happy.
Various Swimwear Silhouettes:
Two popular trends that were seen on Sunday nights 2011 Academy Awards red carpet were nude and silver sparkling dresses. Other than the other spring trends that previous red carpets have been showing, these two new trends are the first we really saw on the carpet.
The nude sparkling trend is a light, airy, and somewhat fairytale look making it look like you are only wearing jewels on your body and nothing else. The trend can also vary in different directions; either very sexy, or very young and fresh. Sunday night stars Halle Berry, Hailee Steinfeld, and Mandy Moore wore the trend very well all in which were different variations. Incorporate this trend into your everyday lifestyle by wearing jeweled clothing, and light and airy jeweled fabrics during the upcoming spring season.
The Silver sparkling trend is a more glamorous trend that is sweeping the upcoming spring season. A great trend to wear when going out for special occasions as it will be a huge statement color this season. Stars such as Hilary Swank, Gweneth Paltrow, and Erin Andrews shimmered this past Sunday night in their show stopping silver gowns. The trend is made to look very sleek like wet metal; all in all a very chic look.
Since I’ve been interning with Amanda I have seen an array of clients come in for her expertise help. Many of these clients are females, and a hand full of them are petite women. As a tall women I myself at first had a hard time understanding what was so difficult about making a petite body frame look as best as possible; but since working with the various clients I have learned all the tricks of the trade in what works and what doesn’t. The problem that most petite women run into is the trouble with knowing how to make themselves look taller. Petite women must especially be careful in what they wear because a petite woman’s attire can either cause her to look shorter than what she already is, or her wardrobe can magically add inches to her stature. Here are a few tips on how to make the petite body frame look taller and here’s an added perk SLIMMER than what it originally is.
Tips on how to flatter and elongate a petite body frame
1. Wear garments with long clean understated vertical patterns. This creates a longer body illusion.
2. Only wear skirts or dresses that are knee length or higher. The more skin you show within the leg area, the longer your legs will appear.
3. When choosing heels opting for an open or peep toe heel can open up the leg area and create a longer illusion from bottom to top. When choosing a boot the highest boot length a petite woman should wear is a knee high boot. Anything higher than this will break up the body and cause you to appear shorter than you already are. Also when choosing a heel, the higher the better. When you wear a higher heel it makes legs become longer and thinner; the shorter the heel the leg becomes shorter and stubbier. Wearing a pointy stiletto pump elongates your legs like no other shoe ever will. It draws the eyes from bottom up and makes for a longer silhouette.
4. Choose open necklines such as v-necks and deep scoop necks. This opens up the upper part of your body, makes you appear longer and taller, and also slims the body frame.
5. Do not put on heavy layers. Although layering can be cool, casual, and trendy it is not for petite body frames. Layering appears to drag your body down, add weight, and make one appear shorter than what they are.
Being on appointments with Amanda are very fun and interesting, watching her approach and how she works with clients is very informative. One common trend that I’ve noticed about every single female client that she has worked with has the same problem; they are wearing an ill fitted bra. Amanda always says that wearing the correct fit bra for your body and discovering your correct bra size can transform a women’s entire wardrobe. Her philosophy is that the breasts should always stand firm, forward, and tall; this way when wearing clothing it will create a smooth canvas and the waist will appear smaller. Now lets face it, what women doesn’t desire a smaller waistline; and who knew all it takes is finding and wearing the correct and perfect bra for you. Here are a three simple steps on finding the perfect bra and correct bra size:
1. The strap around your body should be firm and sturdy yet adequate and comfortable. When you stand side-on at a mirror, the strap that runs around your body should be horizontal and should not ride up at the back at all. If the back of the bra rides up in the back, it is too big. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. The wires at the front should lie flat against your rib cage. This also goes for for soft cup bras. The under wires should not dig in, rub or poke out at the front. If this isn’t one sure sign that your bra doesn’t fit, it should be a sure sign that its time to get rid of that uncomfortable bra.
3. Your breasts should be enclosed in the cups and you should have a smooth line where the fabric at the top of the cup ends and meets your bust. You shouldn’t have any crease, fold, or bulging over the top or sides of the cups, even if you are wearing a balconette style or lower cut shape. If your breast bulges out of the cup, the cup is too small.
Now that you have these three esential tips, here are the top five best bra fitting brands on the market today. Try them out to see which works best for you and from there on begin to wear the correct bra for the rest of your life.